Production Engineer - London, London, United Kingdom
Our client based in Elstree is a highly specialised organisation, focussing on orthopaedic oncology, and complex primary and revision cases in the upper limb, lower limb and pelvis. They are currently looking for a Production Engineer to provide day to day Manufacturing & Production Engineering support to their production system to deliver finished product to the required Quality, Cost & Delivery.
Job Description :
• Support the Director of Manufacturing in delivering smooth & effective support to the manufacturing business.
• Achievement of KPI targets for, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Versatility.
• Promotes a Visual Management method of communication with the Team and others.
• Communicates by exception risk and/or concerns in time to allow recovery action planning.
• Ensures all company procedures are adhered to.
• Deals with constraints or secures support/assistance of Director of Manufacturing.
• Promote high level of housekeeping throughout manufacturing environment to 5S standard.
• Control & supervision of overtime working by prior agreement with the Director of Manufacturing.
• Ensures processes tools and technique are developed to best practice working with production.
• Creating production CNC programs & proving out.
• Identify ways to reduce costs.
• Identifying project costs and agreeing control limits with Director of Manufacturing.
• Work closely and be proactive with Design Engineers in order to optimize designs for machining & assembly (DFM).
• Analysis of and solutions to problems relating to the machining process (e.g. identifying weaknesses in these processes and initiating the appropriate actions).
• Collecting data and investigating non-conformances to initiate corrective actions to achieve the divisions quality targets.
• Define maintenance & TPM plans ensure plant/equipment is maintained & serviced in line with requirements.
• Supporting production on their daily targets and advise Production Team Leaders & setters/operators to ensure smooth machining processes. Training others as and when required.
• Give support to & lead manufacturing engineering activities for identifying long term manufacturing strategies.
• Generating process documentation and maintaining it (PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts & Process docs e.g. Layout etc.)
• Specifying designs for fixtures & tooling for in house or subcontract manufacture.
• Perform other Manufacturing/production engineer activities as and when required Man Management
• Train and organize production staff during process hand over to production.
• Organise and chair meetings with other team members.
• Co-ordinate projects.
• Support project meetings in order to convey and ensure the adherence of DFM/DFA as applies to the manufacturing facility.
• Participates and supports continuous improvement teams and other working groups.
• Understands, fully complies and supports the Quality & Environmental Management Systems.
• Makes suggestions and recommendations to improve QCD, H&S & ISO13485.
• Ensure clear identification of scrap, reject & sample materials and actively participates in the NCR procedure.
Health, Safety & Environmental
• Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is adhered to all times.
• Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
• Ensures correct manual handling procedures are adhered to.
• Carry out safety and housekeeping checks.
• Monitor, control and implement where necessary risk assessment procedures.
• To ensure all team members are equipped with Personal Protective Equipment and use it.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years post graduate Manufacturing/production engineering experience, gained within a low to medium volume high quality CNC machining and assembly environment.
- Ideally have a background in jig & fixture design, including build & prove out.
SYSTEM & KNOWLEDGE:
- Able to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy.
- Experience of working in a Quality Environment
- Experience of working within and implementing lean techniques
- Experience of working with CAD & CAM packages
- Ideally experience of 5 axis machining of complex surfaces
Salary is between 35000 - 40000 GBP per annum
If you would like to be considered for this role, send your application or CV to belinda*recruitment-boutique.com
Click on the buttons below to share this page: